Please feel free to use my projects as inspiration for your own, but whenever possible, please link to my original idea & leave me a comment letting me know. Thanks so much!

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Handmade Gift Exchange

Linda over at Craftaholics Anonymous hosts a Handmade Gift Exchange twice a year & I decided to participate in the one she held in June! What a fun experience! After you sign up, she gives you a partner  & then you make something for that person before the month is up & mail it to them! I met a great gal who blogs over at The Tootsie Wootsie. She has some great tutorials & makes AMAZING bib necklaces! Go check her out!

After reading her blog I found out that we had quite a few things in common, one of them being our love of turning "found items" into beautiful works of art. Here is a little photo progression of the gift I made her:
Initially the charger was an oil rubbed bronze color, but I forgot to take the true before picture.
Who doesn't LOVE gloss black?? 


A little fabric flower detail never hurt anyone!!
Hope this inspires you to take a closer look at what you already own or what can be found at your local thrift store, because there is beauty and often function to be found in much of what we cast aside!!

No comments:

Post a Comment