Please feel free to use my projects as inspiration for your own, but whenever possible, please link to my original idea & leave me a comment letting me know. Thanks so much!

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Ironman & a little vacation

I feel like I am finally caught up & ready to move forward after our last minute trip to Idaho. Jae Bird and I were there for a month & sure enjoyed our visit!

Our biggest reason for going was to watch my dad compete in the Coeur d'Alene Ironman which was held on his 54th birthday. It was his first Ironman competition & his goal was simply to train for a year & to finish before the 17 hour race time limit. He finished in 15 hours & 37 minutes! What an accomplishment (I'm tired after driving 140 miles in the car, but to swim, bike & run a total of 140 miles in 17 hours or less is CRAZY! The 1st place in the Men's Professional division came in at 8 hours & 19 minutes! CONGRATS DAD!

After crossing the FINISH LINE!!
We also spent some time with my sister and her family! Her son is about 6 weeks older than Jae Bird & we are so excited for our children to grow up together. They were waiting for some news about her husband's job & then would be moving to the D.C. area. So glad we saw them, because a few days later they got some GREAT news & packed up and headed out!

Hope you have had some fun this summer, but I also hope you are looking forward to some new Monthly Project Challenges and crafty time with me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment