Please feel free to use my projects as inspiration for your own, but whenever possible, please link to my original idea & leave me a comment letting me know. Thanks so much!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Monthly Project Challenge

I've decided to host a Monthly Project Challenge here in my little corner of blogland. There are a few things I want to accomplish through this challenge and I hope you'll join me. For myself, I am excited to learn new skills as I work through projects & I am so excited to see all the beautiful items each of you will produce. For just a moment I want to talk about the title of my blog & how I hope to apply it to these challenges. SEW . create . CHANGE in its simplest form represents my love of sewing, creating & changing items to meet my needs. On a different level the title represents my genuine desire to change the world around me; knowing that change comes through action. I often fall short of the lofty end result I was seeking, but because there was a goal, there is tangible success in what I was able to accomplish. I recently heard this statement "we are grateful that much is required" & I am grateful that I know in my heart what I am to accomplish, even though, it will require a lot of work. I don't always work as hard as I can toward that end, but I am going to keep moving forward one simple goal at a time. I want this blog to be about sewing, creating & changing, but really I want it to change me, challenge me & open me up to bringing that change to those around me. Starting with June's Project Challenge you will find out that I intend these challenges to be about so much more than sewing or creating a beautiful piece, but about creating a beautiful life for me, for you, for our families, communities and our world.

No comments:

Post a Comment